External Advisory Panel
Date last changed November 26, 2018
Among the responsibilities of the EAP, foremost is safeguarding the interests and confidentiality of study participants, and ensuring their data use limitations are respected.
The EAP is asked to make recommendations, as appropriate, to the NHLBI about:
- Strategies to bring together genomic and other omic characterizations in large numbers of subjects to drive biological insights;
- Methods to integrate omic data which may provide a multi-dimensional biological view of the disease pathogenesis;
- Other extant NIH or public resources that could be integrated or leveraged to extend the value or power of the TOPMed study;
- The design and choice of follow up functional studies to elucidate important observations from association analysis;
- Strategic partnerships to realize advances toward the goals of precision medicine;
- ELSI issues such as return of results to study subjects from this research effort;
- Provide feedback on gaps and / or weaknesses in current program strategies.
External Advisory Panel
Please send updates to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
|Garcia, Joe G.N.||Merlin DuVal Professor of Medicine, University of Arizona Health Sciences, University of Arizona||Rebecca Nunn|
|Gaziano, J. Michael||Director of Science, Massachusetts Veterans Epidemiology Research and Information Center||Leslie Power|
|Jacob, Howard J||VP for Genomic Research at AbbVie|
|Nicolae, Dan||Chair, Department of Statistics University of Chicago|
|Rotimi, Charles||Chief & Senior Investigator, Metabolic, Cardiovascular & Inflammatory Disease Genomics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute||Shirley Freeman|
|Snyder, Michael||Stanford W. Ascherman Professor and Chair, Department of Genetics. Director, Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine, Department of Genetics. School of Medicine, Stanford University.||Lisa Stainton|
|Subramaniam, Shankar||Joan and Irwin Jacobs Endowed Chair in Bioengineering and Systems Biology Distinguished Professor of Bioengineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Cellular and Molecular Medicine, and NanoEngineering||Milenka Mitic|
|Wolf, Susan M.||McKnight Presidential Professor of Law, Medicine & Public Policy; Faegre Baker Daniels Professor of Law; Professor of Medicine; Chair, Consortium on Law and Values in Health, Environment & the Life Sciences, University of Minnesota||Audrey Boyle|
|Wolf, Susan M.||McKnight Presidential Professor of Law, Medicine & Public Policy; Faegre Baker Daniels Professor of Law; Professor of Medicine; Chair, Consortium on Law and Values in Health, Environment & the Life Sciences, University of Minnesota||Tracey Mavetz|
|Zon, Leonard||Grousbeck Professor of Pediatric Medicine, Harvard Medical School||Hannah diCicco|